With national reach, intensive collaboration and a virtual presence, the Innovative Solutions Consortium (ISC) provides thought-leadership and delivers innovative solutions to the toughest problems facing government and commercial industry. We focus on measured performance improvement in US intelligence, defense, and homeland security missions.
ISC was created in April 2011, responding to stated needs from top-level DC-area executives from government and the private sector. There was a genuine concern about the lack of meaningful collaboration and cooperation among industry. Broadly recognized pressures on innovation included:
- That government was downsizing and losing key skills
- That too many companies were only concerned with their individual potential
- That beneficial “disruptive” innovation often occurs in small businesses
- That many emerging and small companies are not skilled in federal contracting
ISC provided the initial seed for an organization that would enable businesses to join forces. The Consortium exists today because of this coalition of the willing in industry, leaders who chose to step up and work together to create positive change that would benefit all participants while better serving our nation.
ISC is incorporated as a non-profit and has tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Service Code 501(c)(6). Our members form a coalition of industry, academia, and government executives; all committed to advancing industry innovation and collaboration. We exist to solve hard problems in government and science.
ISC is growing, in membership, capability executive relationships. We are constantly evolving to better serve the needs of our government, society at large and our members. A sampling of our ongoing and future initiatives include:
- ISC conducts Member-Only meetings to discuss technology integration, market opportunities, and for the shared pursuit of initiatives, funded by government or private enterprise.
- ISC regularly conducts “Hard Challenge” Events with government agencies and universities. Through each, we use our VIVID Framework, a proven and structured process for bringing best solutions to the market.
- ISC actively supports charitable causes and hosts both solution-oriented and fundraising events with particular focus on the medical and socio-economic needs of veterans.
- ISC hosts social functions for our members, promoting executive networking. And, we bring specialized topics to our members in the broad areas of sustainable business planning and operations.
It all takes people and talent. ISC differentiates itself through active participation of its member firms who are committed to solving hard problems and shared success. We are proud to have members from government, academia, and a wide-range of industries contributing to our success. Our Team consists of: